3.0

I replaced the front wheel bearings in by 1976 Coachmen motor home last fall. All parts including bearings, races and seals were purchased from NAPA. 5000 miles later everything I replaced is junk. When I pulled the bearing cap off, water came out and all the grease was washed away. I took the bearings and seal back to NAPA thinking I did something wrong looking for replacement parts. When the I looked at the new seals I noticed there were made from leather rather than the rubber bearing seals I'm used to seeing. I didn't notice that when I installed them the first time. So, I questioned this and was told "due to the age of the vehicle, this is all that's available". Thinking that this didn't sound right, I did some internet searching and found a Timken with a molded rubber seal rather than the leather. This is the interesting part. I looked at NAPA's website and they list their seal as being "dust exclusion" only. WHY WOULD THEY SELL A SEAL FOR AN AUTOMOTIVE APPLICATION THAT IS NOT WATER EXCLUSION???

Needless to say, I find this very discouraging. Not only did they tell be that a part didn't exist, they're are selling parts that are unsafe.

Orielly's had the correct seals along with all the business I used to give NAPA

Product or Service Mentioned: Napa Auto Parts Part Replacement.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Friendly.

I didn't like: Cheap inferior parts.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jun 02, 2015.

Comments