Napa Auto Parts - Front bearing seals only rated for dust exclusion

I replaced the front wheel bearings in by 1976 Coachmen motor home last fall. All parts including bearings, races and seals were purchased from NAPA. 5000 miles later everything I replaced is junk. When I pulled the bearing cap off, water came out and all the grease was washed away. I took the bearings and seal back to NAPA thinking I did something wrong looking for replacement parts. When the I looked at the new seals I noticed there were made from leather rather than the rubber bearing seals I'm used to seeing. I didn't notice that when I installed them the first time. So, I questioned this and was told "due to the age of the vehicle, this is all that's available". Thinking that this didn't sound right, I did some internet searching and found a Timken with a molded rubber seal rather than the leather. This is the interesting part. I looked at NAPA's website and they list their seal as being "dust exclusion" only. WHY WOULD THEY SELL A SEAL FOR AN AUTOMOTIVE APPLICATION THAT IS NOT WATER EXCLUSION???

Needless to say, I find this very discouraging. Not only did they tell be that a part didn't exist, they're are selling parts that are unsafe.

Orielly's had the correct seals along with all the business I used to give NAPA

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Cheap inferior parts

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Bearing Seal
Review category
review #644226

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Napa Auto Parts? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Napa Auto Parts. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Napa Auto Parts.
Filing a new complaint about