3.0

I replaced the front wheel bearings in by 1976 Coachmen motor home last fall. All parts including bearings, races and seals were purchased from NAPA. 5000 miles later everything I replaced is junk. When I pulled the bearing cap off, water came out and all the grease was washed away. I took the bearings and seal back to NAPA thinking I did something wrong looking for replacement parts. When the I looked at the new seals I noticed there were made from leather rather than the rubber bearing seals I'm used to seeing. I didn't notice that when I installed them the first time. So, I questioned this and was told "due to the age of the vehicle, this is all that's available". Thinking that this didn't sound right, I did some internet searching and found a Timken with a molded rubber seal rather than the leather. This is the interesting part. I looked at NAPA's website and they list their seal as being "dust exclusion" only. WHY WOULD THEY SELL A SEAL FOR AN AUTOMOTIVE APPLICATION THAT IS NOT WATER EXCLUSION???

Needless to say, I find this very discouraging. Not only did they tell be that a part didn't exist, they're are selling parts that are unsafe.

Orielly's had the correct seals along with all the business I used to give NAPA

This person wrote the review because of damaged or defective at Napa Auto Parts and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $500 and wants Napa Auto Parts to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was cheap inferior parts. Author liked the most friendly. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Napa Auto Parts and napa auto parts part replacement for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Napa Auto Parts?

Comments