I replaced the front wheel bearings in by 1976 Coachmen motor home last fall. All parts including bearings, races and seals were purchased from NAPA. 5000 miles later everything I replaced is junk. When I pulled the bearing cap off, water came out and all the grease was washed away. I took the bearings and seal back to NAPA thinking I did something wrong looking for replacement parts. When the I looked at the new seals I noticed there were made from leather rather than the rubber bearing seals I'm used to seeing. I didn't notice that when I installed them the first time. So, I questioned this and was told "due to the age of the vehicle, this is all that's available". Thinking that this didn't sound right, I did some internet searching and found a Timken with a molded rubber seal rather than the leather. This is the interesting part. I looked at NAPA's website and they list their seal as being "dust exclusion" only. WHY WOULD THEY SELL A SEAL FOR AN AUTOMOTIVE APPLICATION THAT IS NOT WATER EXCLUSION???
Needless to say, I find this very discouraging. Not only did they tell be that a part didn't exist, they're are selling parts that are unsafe.
Orielly's had the correct seals along with all the business I used to give NAPA
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Cheap inferior parts
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Bearing Seal
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "They advertise convertible tops that are junk and don't respond to warranty claims or refunds. Their phone number listed with eBay goes to a Dominos Pizza. They scammed me..."
- "The Continental tire described above was installed at the rear left. I was traveling at speed of 80-100kph when it burst. I slow down and look at the "information" on..."
- "I was very excited to purchase a 2013 Arctic Fox 32A last October, but the condition of the trailer at delivery was disappointing. The beautiful woodwork was chipped and scratched..."
- "I bought a pair of boots in the fall. They were little booties with leather fringes. The very first day I wore the boots.. The fringes started falling off. Every..."
- " This latest item I have received Robotic Toy Dog came from China and the box is so crushed it looks like a truck ran over it. Now the site..."
- "We purchased a new zero water pitcher and filled once a day for 24 straight days using for our coffee. The 25th day i poured a glass of water..."
- "Case: 1. Download latest Android Snapdeal app 2. Register/Login 3. Connect with Freecharge 4. Keep some money into Freecharge wallet 5. Add some products into Cart 6. Cart -->Proceed to payment 7...."
- "We went to arby with my two children and when i approach fountain michine to get soda i noticed a puddle of nasty water i said something and they..."